Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort & Snot

From: "Ronneil Camara" <ronneilc () remingtonltd com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:08:26 -0600

-> -----Original Message-----
-> From: bluz [mailto:bluz () digitaldilemma com]
-> Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 10:43 AM
-> To: snort-users () lists sourceforge net
-> Subject: [Snort-users] Snort & Snot
->
-> Hi,
->
-> I'm sorry if this question has come up before, but I'm new
-> to the list
-> and couldn't find any mention of this in the archives....
->
-> I've been running SNORT 1.83 for a while and it seems to be working
-> fine.  I just installed SNOT 0.92a and have run multiple RULE files
-> against SNORT...
->
-> The problem is, only a small percentage of SNOT generated attacks is
-> reported by SNORT on the attacked system.  I'm not sure if
-> the problem
-> is SNORT or SNOT.

First question is, is your sensor connected to a switch?
Second is, if so, is the port where you sensor is connected configured as a monitoring port?
Third is, your $home_net. Check it out.
Fourth is, you might be using -z est param.

Hope this helps...

neil