Snort mailing list archives

RE: Access denied error in MySQL

From: Saad Kadhi <bsdguy () docisland org>
Date: 23 Jan 2002 20:35:58 +0100

WELL. FIRST OF ALL, COULD YOU DROP THE HTML MAIL PLEASE. THIS SCREW UP
COUNTLESS EMAIL CLIENTS.

If we read carefully the line:
Database: mysql_error: Access denied for user: '@host130.xyz.com' to
database 'snortout'

We see that the username "outthere" is not included. It looks like snort
doesn't take into account the user part of the connection request. To
make sure the pb isn't coming from mysql itself, do sth like from
host130.xyz.com (you need mysql-client installed on that box):
# mysql -u outthere -h host35.xyz.com snortout

1. if this doesn't work, then launch a sniffer to see if the request
reach the DB and then make sure you have "flush priveleges" just in
case. btw, it's INSERT & not INSER in your SQL statement.
2. if it works, then the pb comes from your configuration file of snort