Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard Solaris 2.6 make issue

From: Steve Rudolph <srudolph () iocenter net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:29:03 -0500

I got the latest cvs today and configured and compiled and now this is the
error that I get:

gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -o barnyard  barnyard.o configparse.o mstring.o
strlcatu.o strlcpyu.o util.o spool.o sid.o debug.o classification.o
output-plugins/libop.a input-plugins/libdp.a -lsocket
inet_ntoa                           output-plugins/libop.a(op_logdump.o)
(symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to barnyard
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [barnyard] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/srudolph/barnyard-0.1.0-cvs/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/srudolph/barnyard-0.1.0-cvs/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/srudolph/barnyard-0.1.0-cvs'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Help please!

Steve

"Andrew R. Baker" wrote:

Steve Rudolph wrote:

I am trying to compile Barnyard on a Solaris 2.6 box and I just get all
sorts of errors when I run make.
I went to the cvs and got the most recent files and tried agian and got
the below....again.

Can you try again with the CVS checkout of barnyard?  I do not think the
Solaris patches are in beta4.

-A

--
Steve Rudolph CCSA, CCSE