Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort, Stream4 State and Ethernet Taps.

From: "larosa, vjay" <larosa_vjay () emc com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 11:30:52 -0400

Hello everyone,

I understand the whole concept of the splitting one stream in to two streams
and how to put
them back together. What I really am interested in understanding is if you
don't, can't
or won't put the two streams back together, how will it affect Stream 4
statefull inspection.

I am not interested in the "how to put things back together conversation",
just what will happen
to stream4 if they are permanently split. Thanks!

vjl