Snort mailing list archives

RE: Can you simply merge separate Snort SQL databases?

From: "David E. Wach" <david () ignw com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 09:20:15 -0700

One problem you'll have is that Snort dynamically adds entries into
several tables as it sees events (reference, reference_system,
sig_class, sig_reference, and signature).  If you pull data into a
central database you're events will reference bogus data.  What I ended
up doing is pre-filling the central database with all possible
signatures ahead of time, then adding those records to all remote
databases.  Also note that you'll have to do this anytime you update
your Snort rules.  It's all pretty simple, I can send on scripts if
anybody is interested.

-david
--
David E. Wach