Snort mailing list archives

Tap -> Hub Problem.

From: "larosa, vjay" <larosa_vjay () emc com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 16:34:00 -0400

Hello,

I need to ask for some advice. I have a situation where there is a century
tap installed that splits my  link in to
two pieces. Send and Recieve. When I plug these two connections in to any
sort of hub, or switch with port mirroring
(Tried a NetGear DS108 and a Cisco 3500) I get approximately a %50 error
rate according to my network analyzer.
When I run either or connection alone, I do not get any errors. Does anyone
have any idea why this might be
happening? Thanks!

vjl