Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort, MySQL, Acid

From: "Ian Macdonald" <secsnort () dirk demon co uk>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:17:47 -0400

You might want to have a look at www.dirk.demon.co.uk/tools. I wrote some
scripts for managing the snort part of the database. The idea was that you
could run it every night in a  cron job or scheduled task. I am thinking
about extending them to create a complete copy of the demarc data as well so
you could have say 5 days in the active store that you monitor then another
copy of the demarc console installed that hits the archive database. This
would give you the ability to go back and loook at archived data, but with
the knowledge that it might take some time to bring back data

Ou of interest which setting in the IIS did you change. I couldn't track
down the setting that would stop the cgi-timeout messages in IIS.

Thanks

Ian