Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: Snort-users digest, Vol 1 #1861 - 13 msgs

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 09:19:29 -0400

Glenn Larsson <ichinin () swipnet se> writes:

Is there a (Runtime) license that i have to pay for to use snort in
the way i've just described and if so - how much do i have to pay?

No, there isn't.  GPL allows you to do that.  If you make
modifications to snort, you have to distribute them in accordance with
the GPL.  Hopefully, you'll distribute them back to us.

From a personal (not sourcefire) perspective, it's much easier to be
open and forthcoming with development when there's contribution from
the outside and we've gotten some good contributions that push us in
different directions.

(I've also contacted the sales team @ sourcefire 2 weeks ago, but i've
 recieved no response.)

Feel free to ask me questions.  I'll find out what happened to your
inquiry.

Thanks, Glenn

--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>