Snort mailing list archives

RE: modprobe error in log...

From: McClure Gammon <gammon.mcclure () volvo com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:47:17 +0200

Bob,
I ran into the same non-issue and it made me crazy/more crazy until I looked at the source code:  linux is searching
for the module "reading from a file" which is set to prevent pcap from going bonkers when there's no interface defined,
as when replaying a binary file.  It's an artifact and can be ignored.

HTH
Gammon