Snort mailing list archives

RE: snortrules.tar.gz

From: MOHESOWA BYAS <BYASMOHESOWA () sbm intnet mu>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:14:53 +0400

Extract them to the folder where u installed snort, if u do not know where
search for the directory where 'snort.conf' and '*.rules' are located, untar
the new rules there

WARNING: Your previous rules will be overwritten, hence if u made any
customisation in your rules, better make a backup of the rules first

If there are no new 'rules' files, then u don't have to modify snort.conf
just untar your new rules, and restart snort!!

Hope that helps!