Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort comparisons

From: "McCammon, Keith" <Keith.McCammon () eadvancemed com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 14:49:04 -0400

Some very generic information is available here: < http://www4.gartner.com/DisplayTechOverview?id=320015
<http://www4.gartner.com/DisplayTechOverview?id=320015&acsFlg=accessBought#h9> &acsFlg=accessBought#h9>.  However, this
is just market overview information.  More detailed information is available at a cost, although I think that most of
what you'll find will pertain to Cisco, as Snort hasn't been "corporate" long enough to warrant a full analysis.

<lightweight_rant>
And it should go without saying that you should take anything coming from Gartner with more than a few grains of salt.
They tend to put out some pretty inflammatory "research."
</lightweight_rant>

As far as Snort-specific information is concerned, you might try going to Sourcefire, Silicon Defense, etc., who surely
have some type of technical documentation for sales and marketing (procurement) purposes.

Cheers

Keith