Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Implementation Guide - ACID-MySQL-Redhat7.2

From: "Hugo Ferr" <snortgrp () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:15:16 -0400

I don't know what are thei reasons for not posting it (especially
considering the fact you've done the job for them), but I think it should be
posted. I remember when I started installing snort I didn't know much about
linux and had very hard time installing it and understanding the way it
works. If your guide was posted at the snort site it could actually save me
a lot of time and I do beleive that there are a lot of people who are
willing to use snort but simply stuck in the first implementation stages
because they don't know linux well enough.
My friend is a very good example - I told him "Y'know what - try to install
and configure it yourself (snort+mysql+acid+flexresp on red hat 7.2), when
you feel like you can't figure out how to do that (providing you use
documentation on snort.org), give me a call and I'll send you the document I
compiled for myself with step-by-step instructions."
Guess what - he gave me a call cause he couldn't figure it out but he was
able to install it easily using the file I had. He is a clever guy with a
little linux experience.
All I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of people like ne and like him
who would find this guide VERY VERY USEFULL.