Snort mailing list archives

Detecting concurrent connections

From: Renato Araújo <renato () escelsa com br>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:03:15 -0300

I want to configure snort rule to detect if there is a a number of
concurrent conections to a server. Example, I want snort to detect if
anyone has 15 or more conections simultaneously established to my
smtp server.
Anyone knows if this is possible. I need this because someone used
a program that send tons of emails to my server to discover valid
emails. I solved the problem by blocking the IP with iptables, but I'm

looking for a automated solution.

Atenciosamente (sincerely),

Renato Araújo