Snort mailing list archives

RE: New Install

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:10:57 -0700

Bill,

Make sure your rules are being detected.

Run this from a command prompt

Snort -c full_path\snort.conf -l full_path\logs

The output will tell you if it's reading in the rules. You will need to
CTRL/C to exit.

Michael Steele | System Engineer / System Administrator
mailto:michaels () silicondefense com
http://www.silicondefense.com