Snort mailing list archives

Re: Where are portscans stored ?

From: Kevin Riggins <kriggins () comdev com>
Date: 20 Jun 2002 07:24:21 -0500

When loggin to a database, you have to change the log level from log to
alert.  Portscans will then be logged to the database and the
portscan.log file.

Kevin

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 09:09, Hilton De Meillon wrote:
Hey All,

Yesterday I changed my snort config to log its info to a Mysql database. Are
portscans now logged to the database or to the /var/log/snort/portscan.log
file ?,
because when I purposely portscan my machine form another machine (using
nmap) it picks them up in ACID ??.

Second question (semi-OT) : I am running ACID v0.9.6b21 and when I portscan
my box using nmap (tcp or udp scan) the status page says that the have
been no portscans  Anyone experiencing the same thing ?.

Hilton.

Hilton De Meillon
Brait IT
Tel.  011-5071342
Fax. 011-5071343
Cel.  082-4590710
hdemeillon () brait com

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein