Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort not loggin hack attempts

From: DataShark <nomad () legions org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:44:57 -0500

when you fire up "Your Favorite Sniffer" on the sensor do you see traffic (Other then bcast)? If not your problem lies
there.
                DS
On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:07:55 +0200
Roberto Suarez Soto <robe () alfa21 com> wrote:

On Jun/25, Paul J. Smith wrote:

particular, as you can see from the log file snippet below, it doesn't
detect unicode exploit attempts we get all the time which I have seem a
module for in the config file.

      Are HOME_NET and EXTERNAL_NET variables well defined? That's the first
thing that leaps to my mind when I see this :-m

--
Roberto Suarez Soto                                   Alfa21 Outsourcing
    robe () alfa21 com                                     http://www.alfa21.com