Snort mailing list archives

Re: Setting up a Windowz Interface to monitor with no IP Address

From: CJATeck () aol com
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:52:30 EDT

I found in early testing that WinPCap did NOT always work correctly (I
understand WinPCap is supposed to work at layer 2 directly with the NIC
interface driver and as such a full IP stack should not be needed) when the
MS TCP/IP stack was disabled, this may not be others experience as I have
noted several different proceedures that appear to work addressed on these
mailing lists. I can only tell you what works for me. If you have find a
better way to make a wheel, more power to ya.
The END result is what is important, a secure sensor that can not be detected
or intruded upon.

Cliff (smile)

In a message dated 6/28/2002 11:40:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,