Snort mailing list archives

RE: private IP scans

From: "Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW)" <Paul.Sheahan () priceline com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:09:41 -0400

I see this maybe once or twice a day.....you shouldn't see this often.
BM_3_4See section 3.4 at this link below for the most common causes (the
section is called "I'm seeing packets from "private" addresses (10.x.x.x et
al.) on the Internet side of my firewall").
http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html
<http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html>

I would block private addresses from entering your firewall.

Paul Sheahan
Manager of Information Security
Priceline.com
paul.sheahan () priceline com