Snort mailing list archives

Re: need your help

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 18:46:34 -0400

My first suggestion would to be to use a more useful subject next time. Something that contains a hint of what your question might be about. ie: "need help with snort error on win2k". It helps those of us that scan titles to quickly home in on problems we can help with. I do give you credit for at least having a subject :)

1) care to give us a TLD for that URL? www.lurg-burgausen is not a proper name. is in .com, .net., .org, .de?

http://www.lug-burghausen/Snort-Statistics/configuration.html goes nowhere.

2) As a wild guess, do you have winpcap installed correctly? Have you tried windump (a simpler application than snort, it also uses the same winpcap library to get at the network).