Snort mailing list archives

Re: Red Hat's 2.4.2 Kernel version compatibility

From: Steve Ochani <jpegny () optonline net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:49:31 -0400

On 17 Apr 2002 at 16:03, Konstantinos Papadakis wrote:

Dear all
Can you please tell me if i will have any troubles
patching snort to the 2.4.2 kernel from red hat?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by patching snort to the kernel but
one of my snort machines is a rh 7.2 with 2.4.9-13 kernel and snort-1.8.6 compiled from
source.
Runs great.
If you are running redhat make sure you update the kernel and apply all the security fixes also

http://www.redhat.com/apps/support/errata/index.html

and if there is a problem running LIDS Linux Intrusion
Detection System along with it?

Not sure about that