Snort mailing list archives

Re: syslog viewer

From: darek <darek () nyi net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 16:27:40 -0400

The way I have it set up is that I start snort with the -s flag set.

In /etc/syslogd.conf you can specify:
!snort
*.*                                             @some.host.on.your.net

All alerts will be sent to that host. We use the Kiwi Syslog Daemon for Windows. It displays syslog messages from many different hosts; router messages, root logins, ftp sessions, smtp monitors, and snort.

spyguy wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to have all of my snort sensors log to syslog and have syslog sent to a single server. Unfortunately, I don't feel like reading through a ton of syslog via ssh. I would rather view it on some sort script-generated html page.

Anyone have any recommendations? Is anyone doing any syslog output, and if yes, how do you view the logs?

Thanks in advance.