Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort still can't do multiple individual ports for a single rule?!

From: Michael Boman <michael () ayeka dyndns org>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:26:39 +0800

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 11:46:52AM -0700, Clint Byrum wrote:
Hi there. I'm trying to figure this one out. Basically, I'm using
snortcenter(which absolutely ROCKS, THANK YOU to those who wrote it). I
want to set the $SHELLCODE_PORTS variable to something like this:
!445,!139,!9100

so that I don't get so many false positives from windows file sharing and
jetdirect(arg!).
Is there any hope? Or do I have to maintain duplicate copies of all of the
shellcode rules?
Thanks very much. :)

Currently snort doesn't support port lists, only port ranges. I would
guess you need to create some pass rules or something. Anyone else have
a better idea?

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--
Michael Boman
Student, Husband, Geek. Not necessary in that order thought.