Snort mailing list archives

Re: "snort dead but subsys locked"

From: "Dave Ellingsberg" <dave.ellingsberg () csu mnscu edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:02:50 -0500

I ahd the same issue.  Mine was the "classification.config"  was called
from snort.conf and caused the error."snort dead but subsys
locked".  I commented out the line in snort.conf calling fro
callisifciation.config and it s working now.

bigfoot

"Jaco Lange" <Jaco () e-Innovation co za> 09/16/02 07:36AM >>>
I had the same issue, check if you can connect to the mysql on
localhost,
or  type /usr/local/bin/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf this should
show
any errors.

Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net> 09/11/02 08:21PM >>>