Snort mailing list archives

Snort and MySql, Postgresql

From: dweise <dweise () rider edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:34:11 -0400

Hi,
I have Snort v1.8.7, Mysql 3.23.45, and Postgresql v7.2.2 and ACID. Each of them start with no problems. However there is a problem, ACID never shows any of the alerts or portscans from my /var/log/snort/portscan.log or /var/log/snort/alert file. I checked each database andThey all start fine but ACID never reports a thing. I checked the database in MySQL and Postg and they are both blank. Thus I presuming that snort is not talking to mysql or postgres. (by the way i have snort compiled for one or the other at any given time) Can anybody tell me how to debug snort talking to the databases?

--David Weise
  DIS/OIT
  Unix Administrator
  Rider University
   Phone: (609) 896-5000 x7439
   Fax: (609) 896-5184

"The real race is not on the hot, paved road, the torturous off-road course or the smooth-surface velodrome. It is in the electrochemical pathways of your mind."--Alexi Grewal