Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort/ACID/Syslog-ng server

From: "Hicks, John" <JHicks () JUSTICE GC CA>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:18:54 -0400

On my home/play network, I'm runnign mySQL, ACID (PHP), Kiwi Syslog for both
snort and router messages, as well as normally 3 snort nodes all configured
differently (1 for network attacks, 1 for HIDS, and a NIDS with HIDS
rulesets for the rest of my workstations). My machine (also a fully
functional web server pushing ~90 megabytes per day on average and the
system (pII 350 w/128 mb ram) rarely goes above 5% resources used. This is
Win32.

hth,

John