Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Administrivia: Symantec acquiring SecurityFocus]

From: Rob Hughes <rob () robhughes com>
Date: 18 Jul 2002 08:30:30 -0500

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 04:58, Kistler Ueli wrote:  I hope Sourcefire will
not be acquired by Symantec one day.. ;)
damn.. 75mio$

Q. What is the Symantec strategy for keeping data sources?

A. We believe it is critical to maintain the integrity of the existing
   security community currently part of the SecurityFocus portal and
   Bugtraq mailing list.
.. hopefully
Have a nice day

Regards,
  Ueli Kistler
  iuk () gmx ch

--

Too bad, as no good can come of this. Look at PGP, the Axent debacle, or
pretty much any other company Symantec has demol^H^H^H^H^Hacquired.

My .02,
Rob

--
Remember: the only difference between