Snort mailing list archives

RE: Semi-automatic notification email generator for Snort?

From: "Ian Webb" <iwebb () carolina rr com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 18:50:49 -0400

Thanks. I'm on a Windows machine, though - will submitting my ICF logs
be enough, or should I try to get the Perl agent for reporting my Snort
logs working as well? If so, anyone done that and know what needs to be
changed?

I've been manually emailing the worst offenders (hundreds of scans /
week) at their whois contacts, and I've gotten autoresponders from most
of them. Abuse.net is a much better solution, though - I'm going to
switch to using it.