Snort mailing list archives

signature follow-up how-to doc

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 14:41:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hey *,

I'm trying to get together a solid doc on how to
follow up on alerts.  I have my own routine that I
like to follow, but I'm interested in what you guys
do.  Part of this doc's purpose is to demonstrate how
useless our other IDS is since we don't have access to
its super-duper, top-secret signatures.

So if anyone has a list of steps they follow, heap
them on.  I can de-proprietary the doc when I'm done
and post it somewhere.

=====