Snort mailing list archives

Portscan Alert and Payload Logs

From: "D'Ambrosio, Louis" <ldambros () facnet ucla edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 14:30:25 -0800

Hi,

Been searching for two issues I have in the archives and haven't seen an answer yet.  Hopefully you guys can help.

I recently stopped getting the spp_portscan alerts in my mysql/acid configuration.  The alerts are in the portscan.log
file but have stopped logging to mysql.
All other alerts are working fine.  Current config is set to:

preprocessor portscan: 0.0.0.0/0 5 3 portscan.log
output database: alert, mysql, user=snort password=**** dbname=snort host=localhost details=full

Also, is there any way to stop logging payload data to the log directory but leave it in mysql?   I hate having to
clean up all the ip directories! ;)

Installed versions:  Snort 1.8.7, ACID v0.9.6b22

Thanks!