Snort mailing list archives

Small Footprint system for sensors

From: "Scott, Joshua" <Joshua.Scott () Jacobs com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 18:39:13 -0800

Hello all,

I'm looking for a small profile system to run as Snort sensors throughout my
organization.  They don't need to have much hard drive space as I log
everything to a central DB for post processing.  What about one of those
small systems that run embedded Linux?  Anyone running those with Snort?

What I'd like to find is some kind of system, maybe about the size of a
small router, that could handle a small to medium office.  Obviously
something without the need for keyboard and mouse, and with support for
multiple network interfaces.  Does anything like this exist?

Oh yeah, and of course the lower the cost, the better!  ;-)

Thank you for any assistance you can provide!

Joshua Scott
Security Systems Analyst, CISSP
626-568-7024

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the
intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.