Snort mailing list archives

Re: How to configure HOME_NET for less than a Class C

From: James Ainslie <james () starjuice net>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:42:27 +0200

I think you need to read the docs ? This is a fairly trivial task
answered by the docs explicitly.

On (2002/11/06 09:13), John  Lathem wrote:n

How do I configure HOME_NET for less than a full Class C?  I have 32
addresses in the range x.x.x.162 through x.x.x.190 (plus gateway .161).
If I make HOME_NET x.x.x.0/24, Snort will ignore attacks from other
addresses on the Class C but not in my range.  Can HOME_NET be
configured to include only my addresses?

Thanks!

---
John Lathem  <lathem () z-space com>