Snort mailing list archives

Snort dies

From: "Cesar Andres Navarrete R." <cesanavr () etb com co>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:41:42 -0500

Hi im kind of newbie using snort, im used, the enterprise guide, to install snort with acid, snort center and rh 7.3. The daemon starts but after some time the daemon suddenly die also in /var/log/snort appears an alert 2gb file. Also with snortcenter I try to start the daemon again and the script throws something like "couldn´t find the config file for snort." /root/.snortrc or something like that. Im using the same line wich I used in snortd at /etc/rc.d/init.d at the snort line command.

Thanks. and sory for the bad english.

--

Cesar Andres Navarrete R.