Snort mailing list archives

Re: Network & Systems Cloaking Tool

From: Tommy <tommy () secure sh>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:08:50 -0600

Hey,

LOL, yes, the site is currently geared towards the following communities:
- endorsers (such as FBI, CIA, NSA, ICANN, etc)
- buyers (collect orders for factoring credit)
- investors (VC money to start production)

The techie in me is dying to share the technology, how it works, but the business person in me also wants to build a
business, and that's what we filed patents for to protect the technology (it is proprietary), so unfortunately I cannot
disclose the "juicy" stuff y'all are looking for. I believe in the Open Source model, but open source was not used to
develop this system. It's break-through cloaking technique however works very well with IDS systems, and Snort is
surely one of the best (we are using & implementing it), and that's why I ran it through the list. Feedback on the
functionality is, however, most welcome!

The box has been tested and it works, actually extremely well, without any configuration, and as you can see, you will
all soon have a chance to test it 'live' over the internet, or see it in person and perform cloaking/scanning and/or
DDoS attacks on site.

On a side note: so far I have gone through a lot of pain to bring the product thus far, and it makes me feel good that
it sparks curiosity in the tech community. It is always fun to see people (who understand the challenges and the
imbedded technology) test it and say "WOW!!" ;-)

Thanks for your time,
Thomas