Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 1.9 on XP pro

From: Rich Adamson <radamson () routers com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:03:58 -0600

Bill,

I had a lot of blue screen's with Win2k Pro some time ago after updating
to the latest WinPcap drivers. I moved back to an earlier version and all
has been well since.

I partially blamed the issue on special Xircom drivers that I'm using for
running NAI Sniffer software, but couldn't honestly narrow the problem
to any particular conflict or issue at the time.

Rich
Anyone else seeing intermittent crashes (besides the usual on a windows
box) with Snort 1.9?  I have the problem with both Snort and Ethereal so
I'm guessing it's an issue with XP pro and WinPcap. Any thoughts? Thanks

Bill