Snort mailing list archives

Re: Initializing Output Plugins!

From: Sander Smeenk <ssmeenk () freshdot net>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 22:34:47 +0200

Quoting Erek Adams (erek () theadamsfamily net):
I was wondering, what sets pv.quiet_flag to true so snort doesn't blurt
'Initializing Output Plugins!' and 'Initializing Plugins!' at each
start?  I tried to read the source to find it, but I couldn't easily
see.
Try -? and/or the man page.  :)

Ofcourse I did, quite obvious -q should stop these messages, but it
doesn't... I added the -q flag, but still it prints these messages:

[22:33] [root@knopje: .. debian/snort/snort-1.9.0] # /etc/init.d/snort start
Starting Network Intrusion Detection System: snortInitializing Output Plugins!
.
[22:33] [root@knopje: .. debian/snort/snort-1.9.0] #

Regards,
Sander.