Snort mailing list archives

Re: No incoming data

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:42:04 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Philippe Dhont   (Sea-ro) wrote:

I have a snort system that works just fine.
It works with apache, mysql and acid and i tested it on an internal server.
A lot of fake errors come in but hey, it works fine.
Now i moved the configuration for detection internet attacks.
I use a router and a firewall, i put a HUB between the router and the
firewall and i connected the firewall and the snort machine on the hub.
So i have a router, a hub and snort machine on one hub.
Now, because a hub is a broadcast device, i should get all the data from the
router to the firewall also on my snort but i get notting on my snort.
Why not ? Any idea ?

One reason might be:

        http://www.snort.org/docs/faq.html#6.21

Cheers!