Snort mailing list archives

Nothing logged in Daemon mode

From: plex () attbi com
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:59:48 +0000

Ok so i got snort to run.  I Have two boxes that im am playing with one run
suse linux iptables and snort.  It logges all kinds of things even witha
restrictive script.  Now Just as a test i set the rules on my openbsd box to
allow all(ahhhhh!) well just to test it.  I then ran nmap and acid to probe it
thinking that all kinds of alerts would come up, but non did.   However when i
run snort with out the -D switch it loggs ARP packets from my dns server, i
know i should fix this:)  But why is nsort not logging even with out packet
filtering turned on.  It on an ATTBI connection so i guess i need not say more
about how many portscans i get.  What could be going on? oya i tried to make a
rule that would balze the alarms for any tcp connect acording to the
faq...nothing. Im stuck.