Snort mailing list archives

RE: simple question

From: Steve Halligan <giermo () geeksquad com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:22:16 -0500

Well, you can run snort like this:

snort [your options] host !A.B.C.100

or

You can add a -o to the command line and make a pass rule like:

pass ip any any -> A.B.C.100 any

or

you can make your HOME_NET:

var HOME_NET [A.B.C.0/24,!A.B.C.100]

I know the first two work, the third may not, but I think it does.

-steve

though it may sound extremely newbie and extremely simple:

I have a class A.B.C.0/24 to which I want some snort rules to
be applied,
EXCEPT one IP from that class, A.B.C.100.

how do I do that ?

thanks,

petre

--
Login: petre                           Name: Petre Bandac
Directory: /home/petre                 Shell: /bin/bash

none, for the time being :-)