Snort mailing list archives

RE: Alert OR syslog?

From: "Don" <Don () WeberOnTheWeb com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:36:53 -0800

RE: [Snort-users] Alert OR syslog?umm, with -s you need to put in the syslog
server address, so would become
/usr/local/bin/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -I -A full -s blame_cmg -i rl0
would become
/usr/local/bin/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -I -A full -s
192.168.0.2:514 -i rl0

or you would put your syslog server IP addy there with the listening tcp
port number, works for me. for some reason its always required me to put in
the port number,

Don