Snort mailing list archives

Block Conncection

From: Atul Shrivastava <atul_iet () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 23:20:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
Can anyone tell me how can we block certain connection, let sat that I want to block every connection for telnet that
uses username "root"
Can anybody give me the rule. This will illustrate me the use of "react" keyword. I know that this keywork works with
three modes: 1. Block the source   2. Block the Destination   3. Block both of them.
I have also used them but not get the desired result. Please tell me the required and efficient rule if somebody has
tested it fully.
Thnaks in advance.
Regards and have a nice day,
                                         Atul Shrivastava

 "Coelho,_Wagner" <tellnet () terra com br> wrote:staff I am using snortcenter+acid and would like to know as to block
the invasion attempts, because so far I only obtain to logar they. Thanks.

Regards and have a nice day,

                           Atul Shrivastava