Snort mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: "Jim Terry" <jtixthus () excite com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:16:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

thanks for your help clarifying Snort as opposed to a management Console.  Now, what do you all recommend as the best
console.  I know this is a Snort list but who better to ask than people who use Snort!  If there are any criteria that
help narrow the task for picking a console it would have to be reporting. The one with the best and fanciest reports(if
there are any) is the one I would like to see.

thank you!

JT

Jim Terry --- On Thu 12/12, James-lists  wrote:From: James-lists [mailto: hackerwacker () cybermesa com]To:
snort-users@lists.sourceforge.netDate: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:51:41 -0700Subject: Re: [Snort-users] (no subject)Snort is
not a Fire Wall (FW). It does not come with a stockor standard "Management Console"Try doing some reading here:
Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility Learn to use your power at OSDN's High Performance Computing
Channelhttp://hpc.devchannel.org/_______________________________________________Snort-users mailing
listSnort-users@lists.sourceforge.netGo to this URL to change user options or
archive:http://www.geocrawler.com/redir-sf.php3?list=snort-users