Snort mailing list archives

RE: Newbie

From: "ams67" <ams67 () xtra co nz>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:53:50 +1300

Hi Troy

The error message is quite self-explaining. You did not define/(assign a
value) the homenet variable usually at the beginning of the script.
One more thing. I advice you never post your security configuration and
company name in news groups. If you do so, you are also giving a lot of
information about your defense to potential attackers.

Cheers

Tony