Snort mailing list archives

Any HOWTO for merging separate snort IDS's into central DB?

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:54:32 +1300

For network protection we're running snort on separate boxes with local
MySQL databases. However, once a month (say) I'd like to pull those SQL logs
together into a "meta-DB" so that we can look at the IDS network as a whole.

Obviously snort on these standalone systems are re-using the same id numbers
for different things, so I was wondering if anyone had written a script that
could allow such separate databases to be pulled together as a consistent
offering. All our snort systems run the same release and same schema, so
there data is internally consistent.

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417