Snort mailing list archives

Segfault on Alpha 1.9.0

From: Kunos Péter <Kunos.Peter () PSZAF hu>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 08:57:26 +0200

Hi,

I used Snort 1.8 for a while on my DEC-CPQ-HP :) Alphaserver 1200 with
Linux.

My latest configuration was Snort 1.8.7 with Debian 3.0, all stable updates,
Mysql Ver 11.16 Distrib 3.23.49

It was running fine, but i decided to upgrade to the latest. Now it runs for
only a few seconds and stops with a segfault message.
It was compiled with --with-mysql only. Later with --debug, but it wasn't
useful for me.
I tried to log to the database (schema v106), or to simple text files, but not logging anything.

How can i solve this problem?

Thank You.

Peter