Snort mailing list archives

SNORT 1.9 As Service - Won't Start

From: "bunger" <bunger () mail BillUnger com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 18:34:41 -0400

Just downloaded and installed the service release for Snort 1.9 from Silicon Defense and am unable to get Snort to
start as a service.  If I type "snort /SERVICE /SHOW" this is what I see:

C:\Snort>snort /SERVICE /SHOW

Snort is currently configured to run as a Windows service using the following
command-line parameters:

     -c C:\Snort\snort.conf -l C:\Snort\log -h 64.68.241.147/32 -i 2 -a -C -d -e -X -I -zall

If I type "net start snortsvc" this is what I get:

C:\Snort>net start snortsvc
The Snort service is starting.
The Snort service could not be started.

A system error has occurred.