Snort mailing list archives

RE: Mysql 101b

From: "Edward W. Ray" <ewray_home () mmicman com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:29:33 -0700

Yeah, I figured it out.  I can be a dumb ass sometimes.  FYI, I had the
following uncommented in my snort.conf file:

# This example will create a rule type that will log to syslog
# and a mysql database.
# ruletype redalert
# {
#   type alert
#   output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT
#   output database: log, mysql, user=root dbname=snort host=localhost
# }

By the way, I got your response before my question was posted to the
database.  I have been getting multiple copies of people's e-mails.
Snort-users () list sourceforge net and
snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net

Might want to tell folks to e-mail to one list.  I assumes snort-users
are for usual questions, where snort-admin is for the administrator (s)
of the user group or for code tweaks?

Regards,

Edward W. Ray