Snort mailing list archives

Re: logging with priority

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:28:44 -0400

Hubert Karlch wrote:
Hello,
I am using snort 1.9.0 with unified output for logs and alerts. With
barnyard rc3 I log into a MySQL-DB. I am using ACID for analyzing.

ACID doesnt support priorities. Is it possible, to configure barnyard to log
alerts with different priorities in different databases? I have tried to
create a filter (config filter: priority 1), but without any effect.

Any ideas to solve this problem?

There is no current way to log events based on priority (neither in Snort nor Barnyard). This functionality will probably get added sometime in the future.

-A