Snort mailing list archives

Snort on FreeBSD

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:42:44 -0600

I just got done setting up a FreeBSD box with snort-mysql-acid, and I've
got a question about something strange.  Everything seems to be working
fine except that ACID is reporting *two* sensors.  One is the
promiscuous interface (which *should* be reporting) and the other is the
management interface.

I'm starting snort with a shell script that specifies -i xl0, which is
the promiscuous interface.

Why is it doing this?  Did I misconfigure something?  (I can provide
info if needed - ifconfig, snort.conf, etc.)

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/~pauls/