Snort mailing list archives

RE: Catchall Rule

From: "John Cherbini" <cherbini () dakotacom net>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 21:49:05 -0700

Never used bpf before....not sure what it does.....

Basically, we're working from the MIT Lincoln Labs data set, with a
number of different NIDS...

So the main objective is to avoid having to write our own binary tcpdump
format parser.  I'm sure there's one out there, but by using a catchall
rule, snort is now doing it for us.

I've already got 617592 records in the iphdr table......this will be a
big one.

On a side note, has anyone installed the evaluation version of
RealSecure?

John C.