Snort mailing list archives

Re: Yet another spp_portscan2 question

From: Demetri Mouratis <dmourati () cm math uiuc edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:56:06 -0600 (CST)

If you only want portscan2 to activate given a src IP hitting multiple
destination hosts (rather than ports), then set the port limit to 65535 or
some other huge number.  That way, the port limit will (hopefully) never
me met, and you will be left looking at someone going 1 IP to many.

Hope that helps.